My newest neice, Katie Scarlett, wearing her first tutu!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
- I have had to go to the dang Army hospital once a week for the past three or so weeks. And next week too. Then I get a week off, and I'll be back. And the worst part, most of them aren't fun baby appointments, but way less fun EFMP screening and follow up for the move. Bananas. (P.s. I totally just left an appointment there and am still fuming that it took 30 minutes to find a parking spot, like it does every.single.time. I'm not proud to say that I may have cut off a sweet old lady for it -- but only kind of!)
- OCONUS PCS is absolutely for the birds. I won't go into detail, but I'm really really thankful that we're only doing this once. And then I go anywhere in Killeen and think that anything is worth it to be out of this godforsaken place, really.
-Vienna really gets on my nerves. Jake, she is soooo vapid, desperate, and immature!! How do you not see it? Ugh.
- My husband turned 27 last week!! He's feeling old a little bit, but he has years before 30, no worries! (and his 27 makes my 24 feel young and spry!)
- We have a Battalion Ball to go to tonight! I'm about 40% excited, 60% feeling bloated/pregnant and not excited to be all dolled up. But, if we don't go I'll be really bummed, and this is likely the last time we'll see many friends and acquaintances that we've made here...
- I'm struggling to get any school work done, and I worry that I'll run out of time. It is soooo not useful that the semester ends juuuust as the deadline for our PCS arrives. Argh. March will be too busy for me!!
- I gave up soda AND chocolate, not just for lent, but for the remainder of this pregnancy. Sweet Baby does not need all those empty calories!! Wish me luck... it's certainly going to be a long six months!
Sorry for bullets, I'm just crazyyyy lately! Hopefully the next post will have pictures!!!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Our baby has a heartbeat!! Yesterday was seriously the best day, ever. Brian isn't doing much at work, so he was able to get off and come to the appointment with me. After waiting way too long, we finally got in to see my doctor, who was so sweet. It took her a bit to get a steady read on the heartbeat, because our little one was bouncing around so much! It was about 170bpm, but apparently that is normal for early pregnancy.
Hearing the heartbeat was such a relief! I mean, I know rationally that I'm pregnant, but it kinda has been feeling like I'm just fat and on a weird diet... I've been avoiding buying any baby things or even maternity clothes because it felt like it was all in my head! That will all change quickly though! Brian has another 4 day weekend (second this month!) and we're going to be crib shopping, though I'm not sure we'll really buy one until we get to Alaska.
Do you have any exciting Valentine plans for this weekend? The 14th is actually my husband's birthday, so we're going to lay low, open presents and watch man movies. We might make a trip up to the JFK museum in Dallas, who knows... Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend!