Monday, May 11, 2009

Super Monday!

First, I received my 'grade' for my first paper back in school. I received a 'meets expectations'. My advisor thought this was really good, especially considering I haven't been in college for 3 years. I'm happy with it, but I was secretly hoping for an 'exceeds expectations'. Maybe next time...

Also, in the mail today I got a book I'm wicked excited to read! It's called: I Love a Man in Uniform: A Memoir of Love, War, and Other Battles by Lily Burana. It seems kind of not the norm in military spouse literature. (I like to read this kind of stuff lately because I'm so disconnected from anything military at all, but lots of it seems too sappy for my tastes.)

So today, after I picked up sweet Maddy (the 4 year old of the family I nanny for) and strapped her into the car, I asked her how her day at daycare had gone. With a big sigh she tells me, "I don't want to tell, I just want to go home." I didn't hear a peep from her until we were in the driveway and she was debating puddle jumping in her giraffe boots. We spent the evening watching Agent Oso and turning her stuffed animals from a zoo to a school, and back again. So much fun!

And rounding out my fabulous Monday: I got to talk to my Brian for almost a half an hour!! The phone cut off quite a bit towards the end, but he'd had a rough day and cheering him up made me feel better. This R&R really can't come soon enough. During the past week his unit had it's first casualties, 3, and 2 wounded. He didn't know any of them, but his friends did, and the morale of the unit is just low. He's been working like crazy and is so stressed out, I just wish I could do more to help. Thank goodness we're down to days until he leaves that place! DAYS! I have to say, I want it so much that it doesn't feel real. Hopefully it will soon, 'cause I've got lots to do before he gets here!! Yayyyy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment