Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How I broke the television.

Yeah, I struggle.

So, Alaska is dry.  Like, super crazy dry.  This makes the static electricity in our house, and others, rampant.  I can't turn on a light without getting a shock.  The nasty old carpets and big stinky couches don't help much.  When I was pregnant I got a really bad shock, like from Brian through me to the computer, and it hurt.  The computer froze, and I was suuuuuper scared that I had cooked the baby.  Turns out you can't cook babies that way, but the computer froze - but did not die.

Since then we keep that static spray in stock in our house, but it smells like glue and the effects only last a few hours.  Not awesome.

SO, knowing all of this, the other day I intended to meet with Jillian and get some shred going.  Since our tv remote is missing, I have to use the input buttons on the side of the tv.  I touch it and , BAM  supershock!  Like worse than the babycooker.  And then the tv starts turning half way on, then dying.  Again and again and again.  Pressing buttons does nothing.  Un-plugging it and plugging it back in does nothing.  Apparently there are no reset buttons on tvs?!?  (I'm serious, I looked.  Pitiful)

So?  We upgraded.  It was time.  We went from a 26 incher to 32, woopwoop!  I have no pictures on this computer, but I'm working on it.

You should also know that in the almost 4 years I have been married, I have had to buy four new televisions.  I've never shocked one before though, but apparently we just don't get on very well.

Sad times.

1 comment: